In today’s economy where luxuries have become less of a priority buying new furniture may take one off budget for the entire year. Though the economy is down and buying new furniture isn’t much of a priority it still does not mean one cannot have an exquisite home. Here are some DIY ideas of how you can transform your old furniture into a piece suitable for your home.
DIY ideas to Reuse old furniture
1. Here is how you can turn your dull side coffee table into a stunning coffee table ottoman that will fit perfectly into your gorgeous home and you can be proud to serve your guests tea from it.
2. We understand the little ones grow fast and outgrow not only clothes but expensive furniture too such as the crib. Here is how you can turn your infants crib into a loft bed for your toddler.
3. Old doors don’t go to the dumping site anymore nor are they used to make fire. They harbor some of your best memories and display them so beautifully in your home where everyone can go on a journey in the past with you.
4. This is a great way of reusing old wooden dining chairs. They become these elegant French garden benches that will light up your garden or back yard especially in summer.
5. Here is how you can transform your whole dining room suite and bring it to the modern days.
6. A simple old door can be transformed into a modern headboard. One can even play around with colors and have it in different colors.
7. Here is how you can get value for your money with an old dresser. Transform into this beautiful vintage bench that can sit anywhere in your home. Even by the corner of your staircase.
8. Chest of drawers can get warn out and old but that doesn’t mean they need to be thrown out. Here is a way of making an old chest of drawers more modern and usable.
9. What a way to breathe life into an old cooler box. This will make it more durable and also fancy for those summer outdoor events you look forward to hosting.
10. Nothing a bit of white paint and weaved baskets can’t fix with this worn out old piece of furniture.
11. Here is how you can transform an old side table and use it as a drawing table for your little toddler. Play around with the painting of the table to make it fun for the toddler.
12. Dull brown wooden furniture can bring a dampening mood to the house. Here is how you can transform your old wooden cabinet into something more modern and sophisticated.
13. Transform an old drawer into this beautiful vintage looking ottoman coffee or side table that will stand out when serving your guests refreshments.
14. This ottoman is also perfect for preserving space as it is also a mini book shelf for all your favorite books.
15. Spending ridiculous amounts of money on your children’s bedroom is not necessary as we know how kids outgrow things and can also be reckless. That does not mean we can doll up their rooms and make them fun and homey. Here is how you can use your old wooden side table to enhance your child’s room.
16. Space is always a problem in every home. Try to avoid having magazines and papers all over the place by adding mini shelves on the side of your chest of drawers.
17. Save money in renovating your bathroom by bringing in an old dresser and transforming it into a vanity.
18. How beautiful is this? All that changed it is a bit of white paint. This is how easy transforming your home pieces can be.
19. So that old wooden TV should not go anywhere when you have toddlers. Turn it into a mini kitchen or restaurant for the girl child or a workshop for the boy child and relax in peace knowing you saved money from ridiculously priced toys.
20. Vintage is the in thing and here is how you can achieve it with old wooden shelves in the home.
There you go, some easy ideas of how you can transform your old furniture and still save money. Start looking around the house for those pieces that need a bit of spark. Enjoy.